The board meeting is an event that combines in different proportions two formats: offline and online, which are used simultaneously (as opposed to an online event, which takes place only in a virtual environment), that is why it is very important to prepare to board effectively.
The Best Mini Guide to Prepare for Board with Its Execute Responsibilities
Board meetings can be held in different versions, depending on the degree of involvement of the offline and online audience in the event, on who of the audience and speakers is present on the physical site and in the virtual environment, and on the availability of communication between the participants. Take a look at our mini guide to prepare an effective board:
- For small and informal corporate meetings, use the default settings without changing the settings. Remember that the default options allow anyone to speak and join the meeting directly.
- If your meeting has special requirements (for example, large numbers of people are planned, external attendees are involved, data protection needs to be ensured, and so on), modify the meeting settings to accommodate those requirements.
- Board meetings can be held in conference rooms if the attendees are present in person or online. Click the Find Rooms button in Outlook to find and add a conference room in the building you want. Alternatively, you can reserve a room and then add its details to the Location field on the meeting request.
To begin with, the leader needs to decide how often the meetings will be held (regularity is considered the most effective, for example, once a day or once a week) and what key purpose they pursue. Then all employees get used to it and prepare in advance all non-urgent issues for the next meeting. If meetings are held irregularly, then employees and managers try to resolve the issues that arise immediately during work, often distracting themselves and distracting colleagues.
The Main Execute Responsibilities of Board Meeting
The board has the next execute responsibilities:
- The ability to attract big names. Speakers who, due to their high demand, are more likely to agree to connect to the event online than spend time traveling to another city.
- Increasing the number of audiences. The presence of the virtual part of the event allows you to attract a diverse audience, including those that are not directly related to your target group but are interested in the topic of the event.
- Method of digital transformation of non-profit organizations. Board events allow employees to master new digital competencies, and to adopt digital technologies.
You also need to take into account that there are non-systemic meetings to resolve urgent or pressing issues. Such planning meetings are called unscheduled. They are collected, carried out, and finished pretty quickly. But they are there and you cannot run away from them. Education takes up most of the activity on the board. With the emergence of the need for continuous training in new professional and non-professional skills and competencies, there is a need to make training as comfortable as possible for the listener in order to meet his needs and retain attention. If you are hosting a meeting, it is very important to explain to your colleagues what exactly you are doing at the moment: select the desired document, switch between screens and applications that you want to show to the audience. This is in order to keep the participants’ attention.